After taking part in a smoke session, weed odours can linger. Whether it’s sticking to your clothes or couch, the scent can be a hassle to get rid of, but we can help.
Find out how you can get the weed smell out of anything with our guide below.
Family, roommates, or significant others may feel uncomfortable with cannabis-related odours. Some people may have allergies or be asthmatic, so it’s best to get rid of weed smells as a courtesy to those around you.
- Incense – One of the most classic ways to mask odour from cannabis is burning a couple sticks of incense. Lavender is usually a good choice to mask the smell and replace it with something better.
- Palo Santo Sticks – These smudging sticks can be burned at the tip to create a unique aroma that not only hides undesirable scents, but can help deepen spiritual moments of meditation and contemplation.
- Patchouli Oil – This oil made from pink and white flowers of the patchouli plant is known for its pleasant, lasting scent and is another great option to freshen a room. It can be also used in an oil diffuser.
- Black Ice Air Freshener – Another simple and cheap method is grabbing a few Black Ice air freshener trees and placing them in areas of your home where weed scent is present.
- Burnt Popcorn – This hack can be done by simply overheating a bag of popcorn and letting the odour trail around your home. The potent burnt smell certainly isn’t pleasant but it’s great at hiding other odours.
On Your Person
Smoking can also lead to a lingering smell in your hair and on your clothing, presenting another set of challenges for those trying to minimize the smell of cannabis.
- Spray Some Cologne or Perfume – Spraying some cologne or perfume can help dissipate undesirable scents. Just make sure not to overdo it!
- Gargle Mouthwash – Don’t overlook your mouth! Quickly gargling some mouthwash or using breath strips will remove any undesirable smells and help you freshen up.
- Hand Sanitizer – Hand sanitizer has become a common item for people to carry around and it’s also helpful when it comes to masking cannabis smells.
Keep your smoking discreet with these nifty tricks to mask weed smells. For more tips for your smoke session, follow our blog.